Are you in need of an experienced presenter for your local user group or local event? Feel free to contact me. I have presented at many local .NET User Groups in Wisconsin and Illinois on several different topics including:
Application Instrumentation Using WMI
WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) is most commonly used to query for hard drives, find out what services are running, and other basic Windows functions. But, did you know that you can make your own objects queryable in WMI as well, as well as send custom events? We'll go over how to query machine state with WMI, and then how to instrument your own applications with WMI as well. Finally, I'll show how to make a custom MMC plugin powered with WMI.
Guerrilla Agile - How to Adopt Agile in a Company That is Hostile to Agile Methodologies
How many times have you ever gone to a meeting discussing Agile Development, and heard many of the people in the audience talk about how they were "interested in Agile" and were "excited about it" but weren't actually doing Agile? That is often times because the company they are working for not only doesn't currently use Agile Methods, but is actually hostile to it's adoption.
Should you as a budding Agile Practitioner just stand back and study Agile without ever actually doing it? Or is there some other way that you can introduce Agile into that hostile environment? Guerrilla Agile will give you a set of tools to use in that hostile company.
Previous Speaking Engagements
- Milwaukee Agile – September 6th, 2011 – Guerrilla Agile
- Chicago ALT.NET – May 18th, 2010 – Guerrilla Agile
- Chicago Code Camp – May 14th, 2010 – Guerrilla Agile & Application Instrumentation with WMI
- WI-INETA – September 14th, 2010 – Application Instrumentation with WMI
- Lake County .NET User’s Group – August 26th, 2010 – Application Instrumentation with WMI
- Chicago ALT.NET – April 14th, 2010 – Application Instrumentation with WMI
Do you have a topic that you want presented, but can't find someone to talk about it? Let me know, and I might be able to help you out.
I also have Speaker Profiles at Speaker Rate and INETA: